Boost Local Deployment
BIOVOICES project organises Mobilisation and Mutual Learning activities (MMLs), involving the stakeholder of the Quadruple Helix (government/policy, business, research and civil society), to address the most relevant challenges to boost bioeconomy and the Bio-based market uptake.
On the 9th of April 2019 BIOVOICES organised an MML Workshop entitled “Bioeconomy as an opportunity to boost local development based on territorial resources“ took place in Biella . The event was organized together with the Horizon 2020 Biobridges projects, in collaboration with the Chamber of Commerce of Biella and Vercelli, CNR National Research Council, the European Bioeconomy Network, Chimica Verde Bionet and Onda Verde Civica.
The workshop’s aim was to stimulate and facilitate the collaboration between stakeholders for the creation of shared action plans, to promote regional development, based on Piedmont territorial resources, with particular attention to the textiles industry.
The relevant key points to be transformed into actions to Boost Local Deployment are:
- Set up a communication and training plan, especially with young people. Awareness, information and knowledge are the essential elements to focus on to drive the change.
- Start a dialogue with the policy makers and public administrations.
- Connect the actors in order to start a dialogue and build a bridge that brings academics closer to companies, consumers and politics.
- Train Quadruple Helix stakeholders on how to create a network for local development valorizing local resources.
- Share good practices and highlight excellence to stimulate ideas and discussions.
- Bioeconomy can enhance the “Made in Italy” (local development, valorization of local resources).
- Use a terminology that everyone can understand.
- Stimulate all actors to be involved. The key to success is citizen involvement.
- Organize events on the territory stimulating knowledge sharing, new ideas and collaboration among stakeholders.
- Offer and promote initiatives that support the creation of working tables with QH stakeholders, conducted by specialized moderators/facilitators
- After focused events, plan a series of continuous and scheduled events for monitoring and follow-ups.
Do you want to receive more information about the project and its activities?
Subscribe the newsletter and Join the platform!