BIOWAYS project’s partners are conducting a second round of surveys to find out what people actually know about bio-based products and how much is generally understood about the bioeconomy.
What are bio-based products, for example, and what positive impact do you think they have on society, the economy and the environment? Your views will help us to assess the impact our project is having on raising awareness of bio-based products so we can highlight good practices and recommendations for future projects. Completing this questionnaire will take less than 10 minutes and all the information you provide will be kept in strictest confidence and be used only for statistical purposes.
What are bio-based products?
Bio-based products are products derived wholly or partly from biological resources such as plants, trees or animals, algae and waste after suitable physical, chemical or biological treatments.
Two common misconceptions about bio-based products:
• Misconception 1: “Bio-based products are biodegradable” This is not necessarily true. If a product is biodegradable, it can be decomposed by the actions of micro-organisms. This property does not depend on the resource basis of a material but on its chemical structure. In other words, some bio-based products are biodegradable, some are not.
• Misconception 2: “Bio-based products are organic”. This is not necessarily true. Organic products are produced without the use of chemically-formulated fertilizers, growth stimulants, antibiotics, or pesticides. Again, some bio-based products are organic and some are not.
About the BIOWAYS project
This survey is being conducted by the BIOWAYS project (www.bioways.eu), which is funded by Bio-based Industries Joint Undertaking (BBI-JU) under the EU’s Horizon 2020 Framework Programme (Grant Agreement No 760762). The project’s objectives are:
• To understand the characteristics and potential of bio-based products and applications
• To enhance the visibility of bio-based products and applications
• To encourage discussion about the potential of the bio-economy for society
• To increase awareness and knowledge of how bio-based products are used
• To raise the interest of young students in the bio-based economy at large
We kindly ask you to partecipate to the survey!
The surveys are available in the following languages:
Public perception of bio-based products
English – Answer the questionnaire here
Arvamusküsitlus bio-põhiste toodete kohta
Eesti keel – palun vasta küsitlusele siin
Percezione pubblica dei prodotti provenienti da fonti biologiche rinnovabili
Italiano – link al questionario in Italiano
Αντίληψη του κοινού για τα προϊόντα βιολογικής προέλευσης
Ελληνικά- Απαντήστε εδώ το ερωτηματολόγιο
Percepção pública acerca dos produtos de base biológica
Português – Responda ao questionário aqui
Verejná mienka o bio-produktoch
Vyplň dotazník tu
Percepción pública sobre los productos de origen biológico
Español – Responda al cuestionario aquí
Thank you for your participation!!!