Ecomondo is the leading Euro-Mediterranean area green and circular economy expo. An international event with an innovative format that brings together all sectors of the circular economy in a single platform: from material and energy recovery to sustainable development.
Thursday 9 November 2017 at Ecomondo during the session SUCCESSFUL INDUSTRIAL EXAMPLES OF CIRCULAR BIOECONOMY IN ITALY (beacon event) Susanna Albertini for the European Project Bioways(founded by Horizon2020 and BBI-JU), presented the results of the European survey conducted in may 2017 about “Public Perception of bioeconomy and Bio-based Products”.
The session hosted many experts including James Philp, (OECD, Paris) and Fabio Fava (University of Bologna).
Experts and stakeolders presented case studies in different domains of Bioeconomy:
– Giulia Gregori, Novamont Group:”Circular Bioeconomy for the production of biobased chemicals and products: the Mater-Biotech case”.
– Ferrucci Giovanni, ENOMONDO: Circular Bioeconomy in the food waste sector.
– Massimo Centemero, Italian Consortium of Composters (CIC): Circular Bioeconomy in the municipal biowaste sector.
– Massimiliano Schietroma for Fater and Marco Mattiello for Contarina: Personal hygiene adsorbent products recycling.
– Stefano Babbini, Mogu/Mycoplast Srl:Circular Bioeconomy exploiting fungi.